My research area in mathematics is
combinatorial, geometric, algorithmic, and asymptotic group
Within this area, I am mainly (but not only) interested in the following
- free groups,
- automorphisms of free groups and their fixed points,
- the lattice of subgroups of a free group via graphs and automata,
- groups somehow related to free groups (like free-by-cyclic, free-by-free,
- algorithmic problems about groups (with the study of their complexity),
- solvability and unsolvability of the word, conjugacy and related problems
in finitely presented groups,
- computational complexity of algorithms: worst case, average case and
generic case complexities,
- generic and asymptotic properties of groups,
- cryptography using groups.
|© Enric Ventura Capell, 1999
||Back to main page.